About Amy and
A Brush with Beauty
With her favourite toy as a toddler being a plastic make-up palette and having inherited her families entrepreneurial acumen, it should be of little surprise to anyone that Amy has carved out a successful career as a make-up artist whilst also developing a strong and recognisable brand in A Brush with Beauty and the BB logo. ‘Lady BB’ their beloved little black car can be spotted exploring the windy streets of Penarth and has become somewhat a local celeb in herself!
Over the last 14 years, Amy has developed an outstanding reputation as a leading Make-up Artist and Aesthetician and her effortlessly approachable ‘Easy Chic’ nature has enabled her to become an inspiration for many young girls as a beauty professional and business woman.
Amy began her chosen career by studying at the famous London College of Fashion where just 2% of applicants are accepted … students were exposed to many exciting opportunities such as styling London Graduate Fashion Week. Upon leaving, having been awarded a distinction, Amy continued her training with Bobbi Brown cosmetics where she soon discovered her love for Bridal Beauty. Her skills were developed further by specialising in Wedding make-up and hair styling and soon became a freelance Make-up Artist for the company.
During 2004, Amy set up her own freelance Wedding Make-up & Hair business and quickly became a renowned specialist in Bridal Beauty. After achieving great success in the first 4 years, Amy wanted to develop her business further and provide herself with future longevity; in 2008 the brand ‘A Brush with Beauty’ was born.
I feel so honoured when a client puts her trust in me … A lot of Women are scared of the ‘make-up counter’ so we offer a much more private and bespoke approach. When I see new products launch my natural response is to investigate whether they will benefit Women’s daily ‘grooming’ rituals. I personally champion anything that can save us time, double-up to be used as something else, or even just simply save money!
As featured in…
- You were nothing but extraodinary last Thursday. A massive thank you!
- She knows the bridal industry very well and offers a complete service, which is exactly what you need on your special day. I have booked A Brush With Beauty again for other events and will use her in the future without question.
- The make-up look good all day and evening so I felt fabulous. Amy‘s calm, professional attitude is just right in the run up to one of the most important days of your life.
- You were an absolute star on the morning of the wedding, so calm and gracious and patient with us all. We all loved having our hair and make-up done and it was a real treat to be spoilt in that way.
- Thank you so much for the amazing job you did. I couldn‘t have asked for a more brilliant hair and make-up stylist! Thank you also for your calmness and encouraging words, they were very much appreciated.